Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Fond Farewell - My Last Sakura Design Team Project

Wow! How fast 6 months can pass. I have been very honored to be a part of the Sakura Design Team. Sakura Craft is creating quality products that can really help every type of crafter.

I really loved working with the 3D Crystal Lacquer and know it will remain a staple in my crafting kit along with all of the jewelry findings and glass tiles.

My favorite projects were:


For this week I have created two pendants.

The first, is a piece I'd started almost at the beginning. I had stamped a round silver finding with a butterfly. This week I covered it with Glitter Pink Crystal Lacquer - adding an extra dimension and shine.


Below, I used an "deep dish" Zinc Oval Pendant. I cut out the background from a sheet of Steampunk images and covered it with a thick layer of 3D Crystal Lacquer. Once it had dried, I placed a metal cog centered around the clock face in the image. Another thin layer of crystal lacquer was applied. You can still feel the texture of the cog.

Thank you for all the fabulous feedback you all have provided in this creative journey.

Keep on feeding your Creative Soul!
~Heather Morrow

P.S. Check out our fun-filled Creative Souls Retreat happening this September in the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains.

1 comment:

  1. Both of these pendants were really cute! Thanks for the inspiration.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete