Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Cute Little Memo Board and Sakura Crystal Lacquer

 

I have a few wood pieces that I’ve never done anything with and thought now might be a good time to do so. As I said in my last post, I had back surgery which fused my L4 and L5 vertebrae together (or at least it will be when it heals). I’m very limited in what I can do right now. This though should let you know that you can make many things even though you might have limitations.

I started out with this:2003-01-04 17.50.37 I used Crystal Lacquer to paint the washboard and then sprinkled glitter on it. Once the glitter was on and it dried, I glued some picture buttons on it. I think this could be so neat hanging somewhere----the laundry room, kitchen etc. so that anyone could leave a note……………………….

               2003-01-04 18.05.05                        2003-01-04 18.05.18

2003-01-04 18.07.41 

What do you think? I would love to know. I used some sticky notes as an example of a way to leave notes but you could also use magnets to hold paper onto the metal.

Barbara

4 comments:

  1. This is a clever idea, Barbara. Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your washboard... great note holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea, reminds me of old wash board :) ! Home you are on the mend and feeling much better !

    ReplyDelete