Sunday, August 25, 2013

Color Fairy

Fairy Wings

Yesterday I met the cutest little girl at work, she was all dressed up and told me that it was her birthday. I was taken with this little princess and thought it would be nice to make her a card. I don't get the opportunity to make girly cards too often, so this was going to be fun. Here is what I created.
 
I made the wings using the following techniques.
Step 1
Mix Terri Sproul Mixers onto a non-stick mat and let dry.


Step 2
Once the mixers were dry I placed them behind the wire formed shaped wings I made.
Step 3
I filled the wire wings with 3D Crystal Lacquer and let this dry.

 Step 4
Once the wings were dried completely, I was able to snip away any excess mixers from around the wire edge.
Step 5
I stamped my fairy image and colored her with Terri Sproul Mixers and Copic markers. The mixers left a beautiful sheen to the fairy. And of course what would a fairy be without a little glitter, exactly, so I added some glitter to her crown.
Step 6
 I used pop dots and double sided sticky tape to adhere my fairy to the front of my card and to keep the wire wings in place.
The finished result of this card looks so beautiful and I know this little five year old is going to love her card.  I love the fact that I can make more of these cards. However, I will need to make or find a castle image. The one I used was chipboard and I can't replace it, but I was happy to use it up.
 
If you don't own any of the Sakura Hobby Craft products yet, what are you waiting for? I use them all the time and will continue to find many uses for them.  This month when you make a purchase at http://www.sakuracraft.com/index.htm you can use the code Aug08 and receive 20% off your entire order. That's a great deal and its a good time to stock up on some extra product, just in time for the busy holiday season ahead.
 
I'd like to thank Sakura Hobby Crafts and Terri Sproul for allowing me to work with and share my creations over that past 6 months. I've had a wonderful time getting to know everyone, I've learned so many new ideas and gained a wider audience.  For me this whole experience has been very joyful and filled with magical moments. I've loved every single piece I've worked on, but I wanted to share one of my favorites. Of course it has to be my mini garden album, because it utilized many techniques and lots of color.
I hope you will be adding Sakura Hobby Craft products to your creative line up today!


5 comments: