Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summertime Tin Album - Part II

As promised, I'm sharing the inside of my Summertime Tin Album this week. My first challenge coming up with something that wasn't bulky, as the tin is quite thin. I love adding layers and dimension to my projects - so I had to do this without adding too much bulk. I decided on a simple accordion fold design with only 5 pages. After measuring the inside of the tin and figuring out how big my pages needed to be, I simply cut and scored 2 sheets of patterned paper and glued them together to get the 5 needed pages.
Materials Used:
Color Crystal Lacquer - light blue glitter
patterned paper
Tim Holtz Adage ticket
Tim Holtz bottle cap stickers
vintage buttons
brown bakers twine
Distress Ink - vintage photo
vintage dictionary pages
pearl embellishment
plastic date disc
Tattered Angels Glimmer Chip - seagull
I cut the same size patterned paper to act as a picture mat on each page. This way when I'm ready to add pictures, I have a place holder for them. I made them smaller (I'll print my pictures wallet size) so I could add journaling and any small memorabilia (ticket stubs, receipts, pressed flowers, etc) to the page. On this first page, I added a plastic date disc that I cut to fit on the edge, a Tim Holtz ticket and my infamous paper flower (made from old dictionary pages). Only this time I slathered the flower with Crystal Color Lacquer in light blue glitter.
I love the way it turned out - it's rather stiff, so would also make a great pin or addition to a hair band. These are so easy to make, that I made some in several different colors that I'll be able to add to other projects!
On the next 4 pages, I just added a variety of patterned paper and small embellishments including buttons, twine and an alligator clip.
I traced the design on the paper here with same Crystal Color Lacquer that I used on the flower. I love the dimension it gave and I also liked that when I inked the edges, it resisted the ink, which made it "pop" even more.
For these cute little bottle cap stickers, I simply covered them in 3D Crystal Lacquer and let dry overnight, which gave them a bright shiny coating.
Here's the cover of the completed album - all ready to receive my summer memories! Now, I just need to get busy and make some worthy of my album!
I couldn't just leave the back of the album blank, so for a bit of whimsy I decided to do the same technique to mimic sand (3D Crystal Lacquer sprinkled with Distress Embossing Powder), and add a fancy little seagull.
I hope you enjoyed my project.
Until next time....stay creative and have some summer fun!

you can follow my BLOG at www.katscrapstudio.blogspot.com


visit
www.sakuracraft.com for more ideas on how to create with 3D Crystal Lacquer


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely cute and beautiful Karen.
    If you get chance drop by my Dezinaworld blog today to grab some freebies and see the new prize challenge for the month
    Have a fabulous weekend
    June

    ReplyDelete