Spring Blossoms at Sakura Hobby Crafts
AAAHHH, the first signs of spring are starting to make themselves known. And none too soon if you ask me. And because this is my very first post for the Sakuka Design Team, I wanted to include one of my favorite things with all of you in this post.
I have a huge passion for bright colors and anything that reminds me of my garden. So I created this canvas piece to remind me of whats just around the corner.
- Terri Sproul Mixers - http://www.sakuracraft.com/shop/Terri-Sprouls-Mixers/Jewel-Effects-Sets.htm
- Crystal Color Lacquer - http://www.sakuracraft.com/shop/3D-Crystal-Lacquer/Metallic--Pearl--Glitter--6-Color-SDet--Pen-Style-Applicators/p/3071-br--Metallic--Pearl-Color-Set.htm
- stamps of choice
- Stazon Ink (color of choice)
- rub-ons, embellishments
- paint brush
- tap mixers onto the canvas with a paint brush as shown above
- Spray entire canvas with a rubbing alcohol (above)
- let canvas dry or use a heat gun to set quicker
- add stamped images (below)
- apply 3D Crystal lacquer for desired effect
- Add embellishments, word sayings etc.
I know many of my creative friends enjoy doing mixed media projects, so I hope that you will be inspired to use the products shown in this tutorial. I love how bright and shimmery the mixers are and I had a lot of control on where and how the alcohol affected the end result. If you would like to add some incredible color to your next project, it couldn't be easier than right now. For the entire month of MARCH, Sakura is offering you 20% off on the
SHIMMER MIXERS - COUPON CODE IS "SHIMMERO3"
YOU CAN ORDER THEM RIGHT HERE