Thursday, October 13, 2011

Highlighting Your Images with Sakura Crystal Lacquer

I love vintage images, and am always looking for new ways to play with them. Today, I'm going to show you how to spotlight an area of your print (or stamp) with Sakura Crystal Lacquer and a metal frame.
I am using an image from Crafty Secrets ( Mini- Vintage Scraps). You will want to use something that you have two of the same image. For the base picture, I cut it out, and used the Lacquer to add dimension to some of the flowers in the garden.



Next, I took my metal frame, and drew around it on the 2nd image to mark the area I wanted to spotlight, and I cut this out. (Trim inside the lines so it will fit in your frame). Glue this down using the Lacquer. I also cut my sentiment from the Mini-Vintage Scraps and glued this onto the image. I filled in the whole frame with Lacquer, and with tweezers, added a little bit of the Gem Particles in green around the edges. Let this dry completely.


I placed the frame over the same area that it was cut from on the full image, using dimensional foam to raise it up. I "framed" my layered images with Metallic Peel-off stickers from Crafty
Secrets.
I filled in the spaces using Sakura Lacquer in Fawn. It was really a nice color for a vintage project.



I hope you will be inspired to try this technique out! Thanks for looking!

1 comment: