Sunday, January 8, 2012

Time Flies with Terri Sproul Mixers



I have had this watch body for months now just sitting by my work area...I've been trying to figure out the perfect project to make with it and I think I've finally found it!! I L O V E how this turned out and the fact that I was able tp test-drive some of Terri Sproul's new product that Sakura will be releasing at CHA later this month just makes it more special!!! The shimmer you see in this is all from these yummy new mica powders called Terri Sproul Mixers!!! I adore the effects that you can achieve with them! Check it out!

For this project you will need:
Watch Body & parts
Starkcraft Foil Stickers

I mixed a little Black Lacquer and Clear Lacquer with Blue Pearl Mixer
into the base of the watch. Already you can see how the interference
properties of this mica work!
I then sprinkled some gold dust and some lilac pearl onto the
semi-dry layer of blue pearl and applied more crystal lacquer
stirring gently to give the lilac pearl a swirl look.
you can see here as the lacquer dries the streaks and swirls of color.
After drying a while you start to see the layers--the blue pearl
in the distance with the lilac and gold dust floating on top in a
layer of clear lacquer. yummy!

To the crystal of the watch I added some of the beautiful gold
outline stickers in the dragonfly pattern from Starkcraft
Enterprises.

I mixed the lilac pearl mixer with crystal lacquer for the wings
and the gold dust with the crystal lacquer for the body.
When the lacquer was *almost* dry, I added a pinch of watch
parts--some from watches I had disassembled myself and
some purchased--into the bottom of the watch. some I pushed
gently into the lacquer so they would stick, the remaining
were left loose to shake around in the watch!
When the lacquer finished drying, I put the base on the
watch and voila! a fun shimmery dragonfly bracelet! 
Be sure to go by booth 844 at CHA and check out these amazing new products that work amazingly well with Sakura Hobby Crafts line of products! So many possibilities!!!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous novelty watch, LR. I was there while she was creating it...very lucky ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, unique project !! Thank you for sharing it with us !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this project it is amazing. I cant wait to try it out. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously?! How fabulous is this project! Oh, I will be garage saling for a watch and getting me some Sakura products, including Terri Sprouls mixers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and such a unique twist to watch altering! Love how you added parts inside. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just an awesome project!! It's modern and hip. Great tutorial!!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project and creation LR love it am going to get some of the 3d lacquer ordered this week sure do miss you hugs love and prayer Love Bev


    Terri can not wait to try out your products as well sure wish I could go to CHA hugs sweetie thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the up-cycled watch... into a great piece of jewelry!!!

    ReplyDelete