Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Christmas Ornaments with Sakura & Terri Sproul Mixers!

 

Yes, it is September and Halloween is next month, but Christmas is in the stores and will be here before you know it!!!  

Have you ever wanted a color theme Christmas Tree?  Go to the store and find that it would cost $4 to $5 or more per ornament, return home and put up the same decorations from last year? You are not alone. At $4 that would be $200 plus tax for 50 ornaments... YIKES!

Last week I was at the craft store and found ornament blanks for sixty-nine cents that are usually used with acrylic paint. You heard right SIXTY-NINE CENTS and they weren't on sale!  I thought I would try painting them with Sakura Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers, with a  touch of Terri Sprouls Ultra Fine Glitter.  
Supplies:
Square Micro Beads(Stash)
Ornament Blanks - Craft store
 
Working on a craft sheet, I mixed Crystal Lacquer with Gold and Tanzanite mixers in separate pots. Then  painted the base of the ornaments one color and the topper the opposite.   
 
While the Crystal Lacquer was still wet I lightly sprinkled  them with Terri Sprouls Ultra Fine Glitter.  I added a few of the square micro beads on the toppers for a little added sparkle. 
I love how the lacquer pools in the design of the ornaments! What I really like when painting with the Crystal Lacquer mixed with Terri Sproul Mixers is it was a one coat project.  No need for a sealer, the Crystal Lacquer is a sealer! 
Yes, I painted the back side of the ornaments. 

I am so happy with the results! I can make a theme color tree with 50 ornaments for $34.50 plus tax and a few supplies:  Sakura Crystal LacquerTerri Sproul Mixers and Ultra Fine Glitter for less than half the price! If your store has one of the coupons that is 40% off the total sale that would be a really have a great deal.   
These are now ready for a bow and a tree!

The possibilities are endless. Your creativity is only limited by your imagination...

Just imagine what you could do with 






1 comment:

  1. Oh I do love those colors Lyneen! Your ornaments are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete