Monday, September 3, 2012

Trinket Box - Love

Hello, I'm Jamie and I'm new to the design team but definitely not new to 
Sakura's 3D Crystal Lacquer!

I was given it a few month ago and immediately in love and now learning how to use the Terri Sproul Mixers along with it!

For my first project, I decided to go with a small trinket box. 
I'm still trying to get a hang of the Mixers. Not that they are hard to use. It's just me trying not to go too crazy with the 3D Lacquer with them. LOL.

I used their Sakura Hobby Crafts products as well as an embellishment word from a set sent in with my design team package from Want2Scrap!

Here is my project:
Everything was dry except the excess I put between the letters.
I love the shine!

Ingredients and Instructions:
Mini Trinket Box ($1 at Michaels)
Terri Sproul Mixer - Color Enhance Effect
Terri Sproul Mixer - Jewel Effects Shimmer Powder (Shimmer Violet)
Terri Sproul Mixer - Jewel Effects Pearl Powder (Citrine Pearl)

1. Sanded the box down.
2. Mixed small amount of the 3D Crystal Lacquer with a very small amount of Citrine Pearl, then used a sponge brush and dabbed it onto the word "Love."
3. Then took the Shimmer Violet and added with the lacquer and some color enhance effect and just kept adding here and there until I ended up with my desired color.
4.Then I put a coat of it on the trinket box. Decided on only one coat, I liked the way the stain of the wood came through from the opaque like coat.
5. Adhered the word "Love" on with the lacquer then covered the word with it and in between the letters.
6. Added 4 baubles to the corners and it was finished off.

Hope you enjoyed,

2 comments: