Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Angel Necklace

Angel Necklace
 
 
This month Sakura Hobby Crafts sent us some amazing jewellery findings to work with. But to be honest with you, I've never fancied myself as a jewellery maker, ever. I've tried making some pieces over the years, but never really got the hang of it. So when Sakura sent me these pieces I knew I would have to figure out a way to make these pieces sparkle!
Warning the following project is rated EASY!
 
 
Step One
Choose a rub-on of your choice and rub in onto the back of your glass.
Step Two
I used a metal large tag ring and removed the paper center. I cut a transparency circle to fit. I did use a very thick transparency. Insert transparency circle back into the frame.

Step Three
At this point you could put your rub-on's on the entire surface of your circle, but I really wanted the angel to show thru so I did this step last and it worked out well. I glued my glass piece directly in the center of my transparency and let this dry.
DO NOT LIFT THIS PIECE ONCE YOU'VE GLUED IT DOWN. THE RUB-ON WILL LIFT OFF.

 Step Four
I used a hole punch (Cropadile) and made a hole at the top of my ring. I inserted an eyelet for extra support.
 Step Five
I glued beads around the edge of the glass, using 3D Crystal Lacquer. Then I surrounded the entire base with 3D Crystal Lacquer as well. BEFORE the lacquer had time to dry, I sprinkled some glitter around the edges.

I really like this piece, it looks so pretty around my neck and it is something I will wear often. I hope you will try to make something similar. I can't wait to see your creations using this technique. And to help you get started you can order your jewellery findings from http://www.sakuracraft.com/index.htm
AND
During the month of July, you will receive an additional 20% off your entire order simply by using code Summer07 at checkout!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. oh Lee! This is FAB!! Love it! I will have to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee - this is AWESOME! I am going to add this to my WANT TO TRY list....THANKS so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peggy & Dale Anne, I know I want to try to twist this design a little more myself. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete