Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy Heart

Happy Heart
 
I have really been enjoying working with the Sakura Hobby Crafts products these last few months. The more I play around with the supplies, the more fun I'm having and the more things I discover I can do with them. Today I mixed my media to form this beautiful bracelet.
 

So to get started, you'll need to pick your favorite rub on image and/or rub on lettering. Apply this to the back of your glass piece. http://www.sakuracraft.com/shop/Fancy-Glass-Pendants.htm
Next I applied a top coat of the 3D Crystal lacquer to the back of my glass to seal in the rub on.
The process next will depend on your crocheting skills, but with a little practice you to can make this bracelet. I made a ball base, using the smallest crochet hook I had and crochet cotton. This pattern would help get you started http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/freecrochetball.htm, you'll have to play with this to get it to fit properly and youtube offers a ton of how-to videos on making balls. The bracelet itself was made using the following pattern from http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-macrame-bracelet/. The bracelet is a slide type bracelet, so it is adjustable to everyone! I did the bracelet in two pieces and joined them. I did use a little bit of the 3D Crystal Lacquer to secure the glass to the inside of the cotton ball center.
 
Well there you have it, a new way to use your glass tiles, a charming little piece to wear.
You can find the pieces I used and so much more at
Don't forget that you will receive 20% off your entire order for the month of July when you use this code at check out. Summer07


2 comments: