Friday, May 18, 2012

Inspirational Wall Art with Terri Sproul Mixers


I really wanted to experiment with the mixers and with some other items with this project.  I decided to experiment with resin and see exactly what I could come up with.
1.  Materials: Quick Cast Resin, Terri Sproul Mixer - Tanzanite Pearl, paper cup, craft stick and mold (if you are messy like me a piece of wax paper)
2.  Dump Part A into a paper cup add a small scoop (less than an 1/8 tsp) and mix completely before adding Part B.  Add Part B to mixture and mix throughly.
3.  Pour mixture to mold
4.  Allow to set 5-10 minutes
5.  The color will turn a lighter shade of the mixer
6.  Un-mold


I added tissue paper with 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers to create a layered look.  I also used Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky, StazOn Azur Ink Pad, Studio 112 Flower Stamps and Inkadinkado - Picasso Quote Stamp, Tulle Ribbon and flower petal (from my wedding), pop top for the hanger.

I love the way it turned out and was fun and relaxing to do.



1 comment: