Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Neat Redo on a Terra Cotta Wine Cooler


Yes I do mean a neat redo! I went to Hobby Lobby a while back and they were trying to get sell a bunch of Terra Cotta Wine Coolers that they had been using to hold there florals. They had changed out the whole department and were selling the coolers for $1 a piece. Score!! I bought four because I thought once they were fixed up in some way that they would make a cool gift. Here’s the beginning:
sakura hobby craft 5-10-12 039 The coolers were a little scratched up and needed something on the outside. So………. I painted the top of the cooler with paints and then got busy mixing up some Sakura Crystal Lacquer with Bronze Pearl Effects Terri Sproul Mixershttp://www.sakuracraft.com/.sakura hobby craft 5-10-12 041 Wow, isn’t this just yummy looking? Well you know me, I couldn’t just leave things like that so I mixed up some Sakura Crystal Lacquer with Violet Pearl TS Mixershttp://www.sakuracraft.com/ and also mixed up my own version of Green Pearl by using Citrine Pearl and Tanzanite Blue Pearl Terri Sproul Mixers. Then I added some grapes and leaves to the sides of the Wine Cooler and look at this:
         sakura hobby craft 5-10-12 044                                  sakura hobby craft 5-10-12 045
Oh my goodness doesn’t that just look super? I love how this project turned out and I think this wine cooler will make a fantastic gift for someone don’t you? I know I’m impressed with the way the Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer and the Terri Sproul mixershttp://www.sakuracraft.com/ work so well together.
Barbara

5 comments:

  1. fun makeover! It's a much more beautiful wine cooler now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now all you need is a bottle of wine, some organza and a pretty bow and you have a gift ready and waiting. Great redux project : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you have sealed the cooler, will it function properly? Will moisture affect the the finish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. wine cooler

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. wine fridge uk

    ReplyDelete