Sunday, May 27, 2012

Faux Solder with Terri Sproul's Mixers


For this project you will need:
a brush and a photo 1"×2"

I began my project with printing a photo that I had cropped to a 1"×2" size. I attached the photo to the High Quality Glass Tiles with Sakura Hobby Crafts 3D Crystal Lacquer. To create the look of Faux Solder, I use the silver Mixer with the clear crystal lacquer. I painted on the mixed silver thickly covering the sides. I continued a little onto the top curve of the glass piece and to the back. I painted a thin layer of the silver mixer over the silver plated bail so that is matched the "solder." I attached the pendant to a silver chain--now I have a fun and easy pendant to commemorate the end of my daughter's kindergarten year! I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I think I need to get some glass tiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Leslie! I'm going to try this out myself.

    ReplyDelete