Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Chloe Word Book

The chip board letters for this work book were a gift from Betty Scott, one of the Create & Craft design team members, to celebrate the birth of my first grandchild–eighteen months ago. I will admit that I was totally intimidated by this project and put off beginning it. But once I got started, I really enjoyed it.

Chloe's Word Book

As I worked through each page, I found myself reaching for the Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer for a variety of techniques. On the cover page, I discovered that the clear crystal lacquer was the perfect adhesive for the rhinestones. Just a tiny dot was all it took to firmly adhere the stones.

Rhinestones Glued with Crystal Lacquer

I made the charm using the same techniques that I described in an earlier post. I used crystal lacquer to make the glittered acetate and outline stickers to define the shape.

Glittered Acetate Charm

I designed and cut the Visiting Ohio embellishment using my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software. Again I used clear crystal lacquer to adhere the rhinestone in the center of the state. I used pink crystal lacquer to dot the i’s in the embellishment.

Visiting Ohio

On the First Haircut page I found that the clear crystal lacquer was perfect for adhering the larger, heavier embellishments like the shooting star. And, since it dries clear it didn’t interfere with the transparency of the first haircut word bubble.

First Haircut Page

I really like this last technique and know that I’ll use it in many other ways. I used the clear lacquer to accent areas of the paper. In this case, I highlighted the light pink diaper pins by applying a layer of crystal lacquer using the needle tip applicator. I found that is was easier to outline the shape first and then fill it in with the lacquer. You can also build up layers for a more defined look. Just allow each application of lacquer dry completely before applying the next layer.

Embellished Paper

Close Up of Embellished Paper

Close Up of Embellished Paper

You can see more projects using Sakura Hobby Craft Crystal Lacquer on my Create & Craft blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment