Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Altering a Want2Scrap Corset using Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers

Happy Wednesday! Susan back again to share a project I've created using Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers...along with Want2Scrap chipboard and embellishments. I've created a pretty wall decor using one of Want2Scrap's specialty chipboard blank books - the CORSET.


Want2Scrap has loads of interesting chipboard and acrylic blank books, words, shapes and tons of frilly and blingy items to embellish them with. I begin with two blank corset pages.


Chipboard Corset Album has 5 pages and measures approx. 11 1/2" long x 7 1/2" wide.




Blue Rose Ribbon is fantastic for borders or as a stand alone item.


Using a stylus I marked some lines on the chipboard shapes, then cut two of the five corset pages accordingly. I want to make my corset more dimensional by adding layers.


I punched holes for lacing the corset on both sides. **A TIP** to get the holes the same on both sides, I laid the two sections on top of each other and punched them at the same time with my Crop-A-Dile.


Using a detail tipped applicator, I applied stripes and scallop details with a mixture of 3D Crystal Lacquer and Green Pearl Mixers.


I mix up some Shimmer Tanzanite Terri Sproul Mixers with 3D Crystal Lacquer to paint in my background. For the peek-a-boo layer, I applied a mixture of Violet Pearl Mixers and 3D Crystal Lacquer.


After paint is completely dry, I apply and set eyelets for lacing.

 

I cut a section of roses from the blue rose ribbon and adhered down to be the frill at the top of the corset. I just love the texture and detail these add to the corset. I use the chipboard scraps I cut away as spacers to assemble sections together. Nothing goes to waste here. The eyelets and ribbon will need extra space between layers so these will be perfect to balance the layers out. I laced up with a plaid ribbon tied off with a purple satin at the top. I finished off the bottom edge with a piece of lace and also at the top of the peek-a-boo.

Presenting "Of Corset's an Altered" Want2Scrap corset.
"You are all laced up and ready for the party Miss Scarlett..."


I hope you enjoyed today's project. Please take some time to stroll around through projects from the other Sakura Hobby Craft Design Team members for more great tips and ideas! See you next time on July 4, 2012.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment, select receive e-mail follow ups on comments and I will respond. If you would like to see more of my creations, please visit my blog sbartist : painting in the dark by clicking here. Have a wonderfully crafty Wednesday : )

12 comments:

  1. this is SO HOT. I would love this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan awesome I love it also

    thank you for sharing
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY... great colors... Miss Scarlet would certainly want this in her wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of corset's a wonderful project, Susan. Love the colors and ideas to give it dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic piece, so creativity done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Susan! I love how you altered the book to make it look like a real corset! :)

    ReplyDelete