Sunday, June 10, 2012

Flag Inspired ATCs with Want2Scrap and Sakura

With Flag Day and Independence Day quickly approaching, I knew I wanted to create some red-white-blue Altered Trading Cards using the Want-2-Scrap items that we were working with this month. My favorite line in the Want2Scrap products--besides the Dollar Bling--is all of the wonderful Mixed Media surfaces from Donna Salazar. For this project I focused on the Embellies products --canvas and chipboard ATC blanks.
Get Your Bling Here

 
For this project you need:
ATC in Chipboard (3 pack)  7x7 Canvas (2-pack)  Baby Bling Rhinestones Silver - 100 Count Silver - 2.5 mm 
AlteredPages.com Collage Sheets
Sakura Hobby Crafts 3D Crystal Lacquer
Buttons, fancy fiber

Bazzill Basics Card Stock
Ranger Distressed Stain

Independence Day Crepe Paper

I began by cutting the canvas into ½" wide strips and then in half again so that they were 3½" long. I inked them with Ranger Stain in Brick Red. I dried them with the heat gun. 

I rolled the strips around a bamboo skewer and glued them closed with Sakura Hobby Crafts 3D Crystal Lacquer. Some beads were finished off by tying a piece of fancy fiber around them.

I also rolled some 3/8" strips of blue card stock into little cylinders.I used Crystal Lacquer to hold the coil closed.
Sakura Crystal Lacquer was used as the only adhesive for the entire project.
I glued the blue card stock onto the chipboard bases with Crystal Lacquer and used the stain to edge the chipboard base.

The beads were then threaded onto a piece of fancy fiber and used as embellishments for my ATCs.

For this ATC, the striped crepe paper was gathered on the red side to form a bunting shape. Images were cut out of the alteredpages.com collage sheet and layered on the background with crystal lacquer. The bunting was gathered in the corner and adhered with crystal lacquer. The beads were wrapped around the card and tied. The buttons were glued on with crystal lacquer and bling was added as a final touch.

For this ATC, the striped crepe paper was gathered on a line of crystal lacquer on the side of the card. The beads were wrapped around the ruffle and tied on. The buttons and collage sheet cutout were adhered using crystal lacquer. Bling was added for a final touch. 

Thank you for looking! I hope you enjoyed my ATCs!
~leslierahye
JoinMeLinkyParty125 Its a Red, White & Blue Linky Party on Cool2Craft!

3 comments:

  1. Love your ATCs. The crepe paper is really cool, and the beads you made are even cooler! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are seriously fabulous!! Thank you for sharing them!!!
    candace@cool2craft.com

    ReplyDelete