Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"Yes I Can" Art Journal Page using Sakura Crystal Lacquer, Terri Sproul Mixers and Want2Scrap

Happy Wednesday! Susan back again to share another project I've created using Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer with Terri Sproul Mixers...and to mix things up a bit - I'm also using some Want2Scrap chipboard and embellishments.

I'm finding that the more I create...the more I need to create. I have accumulated quite a collection of inspirational quotes. So I have decided to have some play time and start an Art Journal. Today will be my first entry and the quote I am using is "YES I CAN."


I begin with a brand new unused blank journal and these...and start to collage.




As my base, I glue down a vintage sheet music book page from AlteredPages.com. Then I primed the background with a gesso/acrylic mixture. 


I mixed up some Red Pearl Mixers for painting the paper doll and I used the leftover to paint a border around my book page. 

I painted the sky with a mixture of 3D Crystal Lacquer and Smokey Quartz Pearl, Violet Pearl and Shimmer Tanzanite Terri Sproul Mixers to create a sky and  I used Green Pearl for the water. I keep the mixture translucent so the book page is still visable. I assembled the chipboard paper doll with embroidery floss. I arranged the figure as if she's flying and adhere to the page. 


I cut out the shape of a dress for my flying muse using pre-painted book paper that has been painted with Crystal Lacquer and Red Pearl Terri Sproul Mixers. I used some variegated yarn for my muses' hair. I cut a section of roses from the blue rose ribbon and adhered down to be a wave like pattern in the water. This creates some fabulous texture. I cut out a Citrine Pearl painted book paper moon shape and adhere to my sky. I added some pastel color for depth and dimension. I apply light green rhinestones randomly for stars in the sky to complete the scene.

The finishing touch is to add my quote "Yes I Can" with clear Gold sticker letters. This free-form project is colorful with subtle texture within the imagery.

Presenting my Completed Art Journal Page


This page will be the first of my new creative inspiration art journal. I hope to fill the entire book with my favorite quotes and colorful inspiring art.

I hope you enjoyed today's project. Please take some time to stroll around through projects from the other Sakura Hobby Craft Design Team members for more great tips and ideas! See you next time on June 20, 2012.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment, select receive e-mail follow ups on comments and I will respond. If you would like to see more of my creations, please visit my blog sbartist : painting in the dark by clicking here.

Have a wonderfully crafty Wednesday : )

2 comments: