Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cycles, Sprockets, and Lacquer


The laser-cut cover and nest-a-bling
Happy Monday! Today I am sharing with you another awesome product from Want2Scrap--Sakura Hobby Crafts is teaming up with their products this month for their projects. I saw this laser-cut chipboard album in their inventory and immediately knew I wanted to use it for Will's Firecracker 100 photos. For the last 3 years Will has participated in an annual cycling race/ride that occurs in our area. His first ride was 10 miles, he was 9 and he rode with his Dad. His last ride, last year he rode 26 miles solo. I am always amazed at his determination for this sport and proud of his accomplishments. This album was perfect for sharing that story and creating for him a book of memories.
The Spritely Sprocket album comes with a laser-cut cover and matching nest-a-bling, 4 additional 8×8" pages, and rings. I hope you enjoy my project!

The Firecracker 100 Album--method


inside cover with title


First year spread. The pages were covered with tissue and paper adhered with Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer. The edges were highlighted with mixers--as was the laser-cut cover of the album.


Second year spread. Photos were matted with white card stock. Year cards were hand written and doodled and a bicycle brad was added to each.


Third Year Spread. Stamps were added to continue the store of determination and success. 

Thank you for looking!

detail of cover and nest-a-bling
I hope you enjoy my project! My son has already given his seal of approval and loves looking at his progress. Want2Scrap has HUNDREDS of chipboard albums and accessories to chose from!! 
~leslierahye


Get Your Bling Here

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! It turned out amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the album... great project!!! I agree it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simle incredible! We love what you did here at Want2Scrap!

    ReplyDelete