Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Time Warp Altered Sakura Milk Can

Time Warp Doll 2 (491x800)
My second milk can project is a companion piece to my first ("Time Flies") and a tribute to one of my favorite movies, The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Even if you’ve never watched this cult classic, you’ve probably heard parts of the soundtrack, including “Time Warp.”
Both time pieces (629x800)
Here’s the milk can without embellishment:
Milk can view of lid (573x800)
I love how Crystal Lacquer sticks to metal!  I prepared my paper to cover my can.  This is a vintage clock face on cardstock, stamped with my phrase in ColorBox Chalk Ink in Dark Brown and painted with 7 Gypsies Color Wash in Walnut Forest.
Paper prepped (800x681)
I coated the cylindrical portion of the can with Crystal Lacquer using a foam paint brush, put the paper in place, and coated the paper with more Crystal Lacquer.  When the Crystal Lacquer was dry to the touch, I added another layer on top of the first.
I had these lovely doll parts that remind me of the friend who first took me to see Rocky Horror:
Doll parts (800x773)
I sewed the arms to the handles on the sides with button thread.  I punched holes in the can, matching the holes in the doll bust, then tied the doll head to the can with embroidery floss.  I used Crystal Lacquer to glue the bottom of the can to the top of a vintage tin turned upside down:
Vintage tin (800x800)
Finally, I made my Time Warp Doll a watch face necklace:
Closeup of necklace (800x727)
I hope you will try making your own creations with Crystal Lacquer.  During the month of May, you can get 20% off your total order at Sakura Hobby Craft.  Now is the perfect time to try Crystal Lacquer and Sakura’s other great products!  Just enter the code “Sakura05” at checkout.

Also, Sakura is hosting a blog hop on May 18th!  The theme is “Fantasy” and Sakura’s Design
Team is dreaming up amazing art to share with you on that day!  There will be prizes, too!  So be sure to check back here on May 18th!

6 comments: